- Into The Box Notes: ContentBox API Unleashed, Gavin Pickin
API is the big buzzword these days
can use ContentBox API to get data in/out of your site
internally in your content box app
- Into The Box Notes: VUE more with less, John Farrar
(John did a lot of walking thru code during his preso. I eventually stopped taking notes and just watched his code. I believe the sample files will be available for download from him somewhere.)
Dont replace jquery w/ vue
they solve different problems
keep using jquery if you want
- Into The Box Notes: NGINX The past, present and future of the modern web, Kevin Jones
The Past —
got its start as a static web server and a proxy
apache had a problem where it’d fall over after 10K requests
Igor wrote NGINX to handle proxy connections and do things in a new way.
- Into The Box Notes: Making Modules, Eric Peterson
Why use modules?
We can reuse modules, improve each other’s work
can pin to 1 version if you’re worried about a future version breaking something in your app
- Into The Box Notes: Accelerating CFML delivery with Cloud Foundry, Corby Page
(Much of this talk was watching live processes run on Corby’s machine, hence not many notes.)
requirements > code > build > deploy/operate > feedback > requirements…
when we talk to high perf software dev companies
the diff is not in the talent of the people
it’s how fast can they get around the dev cycle loop
- Into The Box Notes: Keynote
Luis Majano —
Ortus has grown. From ColdBox to “Many Boxes”.
“You’re still coding in that?!” story
- My Into The Box 2017 Schedule
This week is the Into The Box conference in Houston. Like previous years, it’s run by the fine folks at Ortus Solutions. Unlike previous years, the conference is now in Texas, and has expanded to 2 days, plus an additional day of pre-conference training.
- My Adobe ColdFusion Government Summit Schedule
Tomorrow morning I jump on a plane (that thankfully isn’t United, ha!) and head to the Adobe ColdFusion Government Summit. Here’s my best guess as to where you’ll be able to find me:
- SacInteractive: Intro to React
This Wednesday (April 19) at SacInteractive, Jon Nutting will be giving an Intro To React. The description is below; as always our meeting is FREE and open to everyone. It starts at 6:30 at HackerLab -- hope to see you there! --nolan
- Speaking at Adobe ColdFusion Government Summit
This Wednesday (April 19) I’ll be speaking at the Adobe ColdFusion Government Summit in Washington DC. I’m not actually giving a ColdFusion specific talk, but rather I’ll be presenting “Crash Course in jQuery”.