- September 6, 2015
- SacInteractive -- Minecraft Plugins and Java Basics
This month at SacInteractive we have a "father and son duo" teaching us about building Minecraft Plugins and some basic Java programming at the same time. :)
- August 24, 2015
- Speaking at NCDevCon!
I'm speaking at NCDevCon! Twice! I'll be giving my talks “HTML5 201” and “Crash Course in Angular and Ionic”.
- August 17, 2015
- Wednesday at SacInteractive -- Modern Resume Writing and Online Job Hunting – the One Page Resume is a Myth
This Wednesday (Aug 19 at 6:30pm) at SacInteractive we have Josh from TekSystems coming to talk on "Modern Resume Writing and Online Job Hunting – the One Page Resume is a Myth". It's FREE and open to everyone. We meet at HackerLab (17th and I Streets, downtown Sacramento). Come hang out with us!
- July 13, 2015
- July 9, 2015
- Speaking at the ColdFusion Summit
I'm famous! Kind of! Not really! :) But I -am- speaking at the Adobe ColdFusion Summit this November in Las Vegas.
- June 26, 2015
- Teaching a SQL Scripting Class, July 7 and 8
I'm teaching a "SQL Scripting" class on July 7 and 8 in Sacramento. There are a couple spots left if anyone would like to sign up. Topics covered include building database tables, rows, columns, primary keys, foreign keys, SELECT statements, WHERE clauses, sorting, joins, subqueries, nested queries, basic CRUD operations, temp tables, views, stored procedures and aggregate functions.
- May 21, 2015
- Comments are enabled again.
FYI, I've fixed the config issue and deleted the spam. Comments are now enabled once again for the blog entries (tho they all get moderated). Enjoy. :)
- May 17, 2015
- Dev-Objective 2015 Recap
Another CF-Objective / Dev-Objective is done. I'm currently on a flight home, with a full brain, a pile of notes, and recordings to transcribe, hopefully for future blog posts. As always, I learned a ton, met lots of people, and had a great time. Everything seemed to run smoothly, and the venue was great, as always.
- May 17, 2015
- Into The Box Notes: Migrating Legacy Applications to ColdBox MVC - Scott Coldwell
Notes from "Into The Box Notes: Migrating Legacy Applications to ColdBox MVC" by Scott Coldwell. As someone who deals with lots of legacy apps, I find the info in this talk very helpful!
- May 17, 2015
- Into the Box Recap
As is usually the case, I don't have time to blog anything until after the conferences are done and I'm on my way home! Both Into The Box and Dev-Objective are now complete, finally giving me a chance to catch up on email and blog a few thoughts on the conferences.
- May 13, 2015
- My Dev-Objective Schedule
This will probably change (as things often do at conferences), but here's my best guess where you can find me at the Dev-Objective conference...
- May 12, 2015
- Speaking at Into The Box and Dev-Objective
Super duper extra-nerdy nerd alert!
This week I'm in Minneapolis, to attend TWO techie conferences (Into The Box and Dev-Objective) where I'll be giving a total of THREE lectures...
- May 7, 2015
- Comments temporarily turned off
FYI, I've turned off commments on the site, temporarily. Some spam was starting to come thru and I don't have time to moderate that right now. I plan to upgrade the "comment module" in the site to remedy this, but other things are higher priority right now so that will have to wait.
- May 4, 2015
- Tomorrow at SacInteractive - Intro to AngularJS
Matt Graf will be giving us a preview of the talk he's doing at the Dev-Objective conference later this year. He'll be going over the basics of AngularJS and looking at the different building blocks it provides. Controllers, routing, and services among other concepts will be covered.
- April 8, 2015
- Presenting: Best Practices Are Best Except When They Are Not
Today I'm giving a talk for the Chicago ColdFusion User Group entitled "Best Practices Are Best Except When They Are Not". It starts at 4:30 PST and is open to anyone that wants to log in and listen to me ramble about "times I've had to break the rules" when building web apps for clients. Just click the link below at 4:30 and poof...you're in. Technology!
- April 2, 2015
- Speaking at Sacramento Adobe Users - HTML5 201
Tonight I'll be speaking at the Sacramento Adobe Users Group, giving a talk on "HTML5 - 201".
- March 19, 2015
- Five Things I Learned in Mura Admin/User Training
- On Monday I attended the Mura Admin/User Training here in Sacramento. Normally I'm not given the title of "Site Administrator"; I typically build the site for a client and hand it over. But I wa....
- March 2, 2015
- SacInteractive meeting and schedule changes
- Hi all -- We've got some changes coming to SacInteractive. Moving forward we'll be meeting on the FIRST Tuesday of each month (instead of the 2nd Tuesdays that we were using previously). Our first meeting on the new night will be tomorrow ....
- February 20, 2015
- ColdFusion: Now and Next Recap
- Last night was the "ColdFusion: Now and Next" meeting at the Adobe headquarters in San Francisco. There were some scheduling issues causing the meeting to start late, but overall I think that ended up making the meeting more valuable. Initially it was to be Rakshith Naresh and Elishia Dvorak speak....